Tuesday, February 2, 2010

5 Generations

This picture was taken of my family that represented 5 Generations.  If you can see..........the baby is my older brother, my Mom, My Grandma Jenny, Great Grandpa Joe, Great, Great Grandma (Mary was her name). The other guy in the picture is the priest at St. Francis Solanis Church.   It was such a rare thing for an Indian family to have five generations living that this picture was on postcards in the town stores.  I remember going in to the stores and looking at it in the postcard rack when I was little.  That old Grandma there was the one that never spoke any English only Ojibwe.  She never had her hair cut and I use to get to help her brush it.  Then she would wind it up in a bun and I think she only put in one pin to hold it.  I look allot like my mom, so most say. 

2 comments:

Dean, Andrea, Tanner, Landon, & Braddock said...

What a special picture! You do look like your Mom!

Beth said...

That's an awesome picture; thanks for sharing!