We have made it through one GIANT hurdle in this path that leads one into a forest of darkness with little glimpses of light and sparkles of water once in a while................it's call the trail of cancer madness, I think.
Once you are on this path you don't have control over the scenery, or landscape that you view. It leads to places that you never really desired to see. It controls the weather and brings in rain when the forecast is suppose to be clear.
I don't like it, I Don't Like it, I DON'T LIKE IT!! I didn't want to learn this lesson, and I don't want to "search" for the blessings...............I want to see them right in front of me. It is no fun at all.
But it does come to an end, or at least to the end of the chapter. This chapter is over. The read wasn't all great. We now let Derwin rest as much as he likes, and we don't have to get him to Salt Lake every day. Which is waring enough in itself.
The story is not over yet. After weeks and weeks of treatment of Radiation and Chemotherapy, now we wait, and wait and wait and then we wait again. You see just because you go through this torturous treatment (and I mean torturous to the body and spirit) doesn't mean you are healed. Now that you have been cooked, literally tissue in your body has been COOKED by radiation and then let's put some poisons, that they call chemo, in you just in case the cooking didn't do the job....................nope, even after that, doesn't mean you're okay. In three months, Derwin will go back in and they will do all the tests that has been done numerous times already, measure those against where he was at and then the medical people will tell you HOW YOU ARE DOING!
What a miserable affair this has been and only chapter one is written. Stand in line for the next release........................I hope it doesn't have quite the tension!
I do say, that we certainly have felt the prayers of all our family and friends. Thanks to all of you for that.
Thursday, November 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
I'm very glad the first chapter is over and so sorry for all you are all going through. We're still praying hard that this "book" will have a happy ending! We love you all like crazy.
I am so sorry for your pain. And I so do admire your spirit and push. Your still together -- in your new home, with you darling daughters and in the most beautiful place on earth. Light a fire, make some hot chocolet, and put on Josh Grobens tape, and just listen, and be taken away in the beauty of song.
Post a Comment