Saturday, November 22, 2008
Happy Anniversary! #36
It's only a short amount of time really, 36 yrs since Derwin & I were married. When I think of all the places we've been and things we've done - it's amazing that 36 yrs have fit that all in. If I could add up all the miles that we have traveled, flights we've taken, and friends we've made - the numbers would be phenomenal, I'm sure.
We still are totally in love with one another. We are not perfect, but we are perfect for one another, I think. At least it works. He can still make me feel butterflies, and gives me goosebumps. He is a spiritual giant and knows the scriptures like no other. He fixes everything, (one friend always called him McGyver) which sometimes I hate because I want to go buy a "new" one and he makes it run for another few days. He is a wonderful story teller and loves doing just that. He can keep an audience mesmerized for hours. He has been much more wonderful at being a Dad than I have been at being a Mom.
We've been through sickness, good health, slim times and times of plenty, super highs, dreadful lows, trials, blessings, tears, and laughter. 13 children came along during those years, 9 boys and 4 girls and as parents we did enough damage to each of them that at times they recall memories of really "mean" parents. Only 2 teenage girls are now at home and as "older" parents, we are a bit more gentle, and allot more determined, and not quite as gullible. We know how quickly time passes.
Our home was functional enough to have meals everyday, and plenty of dirty laundry to wash and put away. We taught our kids to work until they would sweat and relax until they cooled off, something we did right along side of them.
Derwin always had his bees, which I swear he named every little bee and were my only rival. At least I always knew that and more honey always meant more money. Which doesn't make one "happy" but it sure helps to release underlying stress that allows us to feel more of the happiness around us.
Eternity is one of those words that we use all the time but have no clue of the depth. WE ARE IN THIS FOR ETERNITY so we are working at proving it while we are here. Earth life truly is GREAT (even with the tests - which I know those of you that have read my blog see that we are in the midst of one right now, but it will be a bygone thing in a short while).
I don't have a glass of sherry or wine, juice or milk will do, actually I have water - but here's a toast to ETERNITY! (we're only in to this with 36 years)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
Congrats!
Happy, happy anniversary! You both deserve it!
Happy anniversary! I remember well the day you were married and many happy times with you since. I'm sorry the trials right now are so great, but isn't it wonderful to have the eternal perspective?! We love you guys!
Becky, Congradulations to you both, your great people. Life is a roller coaster isn't it. Good days are ahead. And right now is pretty special too.
Post a Comment