Saturday, October 18, 2008

1964 - Where were you?



The girls & I went to a movie yesterday, "The Secret Life of Bee's" - it was a book that we read a couple of years ago. I got the book for Christmas intrigued by the title since Derwin is a beekeeper. It was during the civil rights era, has some extreme scenes that attack your raw emotions for those of us that remember what was happening during that time. My girls were a little shocked at how people were treated and the limitations that society can place upon one another. I reminded them that Indian people were limited also. Go see the movie........WOW! Bring a couple of tissue with you. Starr was sobbing in parts, we also laughed. It leaves you with some very profound feelings. The performers were excellent, you loved the right people and disliked the ones you were suppose to.

I don't know how to pull the trailer to my blog so click on the link and watch it...............it is awesome.

1 comment:

Sue said...

I loved this book. Can't wait to see the movie.