Friday, July 9, 2010

Conneticut Trip



 

 

 

Autumn was fortunate enough to travel with me to the SAIGE (Society of American Indian Government Employees) Leadership conference.  She applied for one of the scholarships and was selected to attend.  Which was totally awesome when my manager selected me to attend the conference and then I was able to travel a cross country with her.  This conference changes places each year and this year was held on the Mohegan Indian reservation in CT.  We stayed in the big Hotel/Casino Compound that the tribe owns.  I will post some pics of the place also but I wanted to post these ones first.  Autumn has not been on an airplane since she was in Elementary so she was super excited to do this part of the trip.  It was a six hour flight, with a stop over in Chicago.  While we paused for that layover (we didn't have to change planes) we were able to exit the plane and get us some lunch.  So we had Chicago style pizza (something she always hears about) and Autumn thought it was great!  These pictures are from the first leg of the trip.  I was trying to give her the chance to post them but I can't wait any longer.  Autumn can tell her version of the trip.  It will be more interesting than mine.  She laughed at me though, because even though I travel allot with my job and have traveled allot in the past, I am a nervous traveler.  And because she knows me so well, could feel every little bit of tension that crept into my body as the plane hit rough air masses.  She just laughed at me.  Not very sympathetic.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: