This poem and comments was posted on my blog. Anonymous needs a life of their own to worry about but I just wanted to say, thanks, for worrying about mine. I have NEVER claimed to be a good Christian, I am not a perfect Mormon - far from it, I don't expect my "righteousness" to get me to heaven and I am so~ sure that I also will be surprised to see who "made it". I actually know that I need improvement and am far from perfect. All of these reasons are why I go to church each week.
Just remember there are always two or more sides to every story and when you only get one version it is slanted horribly to one side. I will at any time be glad to share my slant of whatever it is that is bothering you so much.
If you are so concerned about me getting into heaven maybe you need to show your face and contact my bishop. If this is the calibre of people out there to surround my loved ones, then it gives me more concern about their environment.....................hmmmmmm.
It's from Hamlet...."The lady doth protest too much, methinks."

"This poem made me think of you...
I was shocked, confused, bewildered
As I entered Heaven's door,
Not by the beauty of it all,
Nor the lights or its decor.
But it was the folks in Heaven
Who made me sputter and gasp
The thieves, the liars, the sinners,
The alcoholics and the trash.
There stood the kid from seventh grade
Who swiped my lunch money twice.
Next to him was my old neighbor
Who never said anything nice.
Herb, who I always thought
Was rotting away in hell,
Was sitting pretty on cloud nine,
Looking incredibly well.
I nudged Jesus, 'What's the deal?
I would love to hear Your take.
How'd all these sinners get up here?
God must've made a mistake.
'And why is everyone so quiet,
So somber - give me a clue.'Hush, child,'
He said, 'they're all in shock.
No one thought they'd be seeing you.
'JUDGE NOT!!!
Remember...Just going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in your garage makes you a car .. "



No comments:
Post a Comment