Aaron and I hopped on a plane last Thursday so that he could return home to his Mom. (they live in WI but I flew him to MN) I turned right around and flew back to SLC, hence the 2500 miles in a day.She was on time which I was really thankful for because I didn't want to get stranded in Mpls for a day and no where to stay. It was pretty uneventful except through the eyes of a child.
This was our conversation on the plane.
Aaron : Grandma can we open the window and sit on the clouds?
Grandma: No, because clouds are like smoke so you would just fall through them.
Aaron: Well, (thinking hard now) Mary Poppins can sit on the clouds.
Grandma: Mary Poppins has magic and we don't.
(after a few minutes of thought)
Aaron: Well..............................I still want to do that.
Children are so wonderful. When Aaron is around I laugh all the time. Children have a way about them that keep us focused and humble. They fill our lives with enough joy that keep us content and see the world in such a way that gives us Hope. Love seeps from every pore and embraces all factions of your life. I would be happy any day to have little children around me. No wonder the Savior gathered them to Him.
We often sat on the porch swing with Aaron in the evening and he was so full of wonder for everything around him. The trees, the bugs, the stars, the sounds and the smells. He would "race" me to find the first star appear so that he could get the wish. One night he was thinking hard to make that wish and just couldn't conjure one up until I said, if it were me I would wish for Aunt Bonnie to come to our house tomorrow (knowing full well that she was going to be doing just that), wouldn't you know the next day when Aunt Bonnie arrived.............he remembered the wish he had placed. He is now a true believer in : "Wishing Upon a Star"
What a boy. The Summer of 2008 has been filled with memories of Aaron. It is rather haunting to have him around though because of how much he looks like his Dad, Lee. It takes me back to fun filled days with a little boy that enjoyed life so much and never wanted to miss out on anything. I fear for Aaron because of the environment that he lives in. He wants only to please and obey. He loves Primary and counted the days before church would come again. He loved the fact that we got him a suit just like Grandpa and he could wear a tie with it. He loved to say the prayer and did often with no help at all.
I am going to miss him!





2 comments:
Becky, that was beautiful. Will you have him each summer?
I can't find you phone number anywhere, I need to talk to Star. Have her call me please.
Cindy
I will miss Aaron, too. What a sweet, enthusiastic, loving little boy! He reminds me of Lee, also. I know you'll be missing him so much. I hope he'll be able to come back next summer. I think being separated from those we love is one of the hardest trials we face in this life; I'm so thankful for eternal families! And I agree with you, little children are absolutely the joy of life!
Post a Comment