Saturday, October 9, 2010


I have been traveling a bit lately for my job. This year alone I have been to Dallas, TX three times for a week each time; Uncasville, CT; Olympia, WA; Seattle, WA; and have just returned from Albuquerque, NM. I took Autumn to CT and then Starr to WA. This time I took Derwin and Starr with me to NM. Derwin's Dad was raised in Ramah, NM and Derwin has always wanted to go there to visit and see the homestead that his Grandpa had and meet the Lewis' that are still in that area. Well, his life long dream came true on this trip. Here we are at the Four Corners and in Ramah, NM.  Here are pictures of Starr at the homestead of Samuel Edward Lewis..........this is what is left, the original house burned down.  We went to the Ramah Historical Museum where there were pictures of all the Lewis families in Ramah, saw the Cliff Dwellings that Derwin's Dad told stories about playing in as a kid. (They are protected now so no one can enter them).


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Beth said...

How cool that you got to do that; that makes me want to go, also! The photos are great. Hope you all enjoyed the trip.