Sunday, March 14, 2010

PROM 2010

A guy just can't go up to a girl that he wants to go to the Prom with and ask her, he has to be CREATIVE in how he does it.  Then of course the girl can't just say "yes" or "no", her response has to just as CREATIVE.   So this is Starr's 2010 Prom story.

Prom was Saturday, March 13th for Weber High.  A couple of weeks ago a young man in our Stake called our house and asked for ME, (Starr's Mom).  I started laughing as he was first asking me if he could ASK Starr to go to the Prom.  When I said yes that was fine, he then wanted to deliver some Origami to me to place on her bed.  (He actually then had Autumn do this.)  His family had been living in Japan for about 3-4 years and returned home last summer.  So in this folded paper art was the question, "Will you go to Prom with me?". 
Starr then wanted to respond with similar creativity - Since I knew how to do Origami I suggested that she do a pond with a frog in it "croaking" the answer.  So you can see her water lilies have a frog on them in a pond.......if you can read the sign it says, "Prince in Training".  Starr delivered it to his mom to have it placed in Russell's room.

The day activity (oh did I neglect to mention that the date consists of activities throughout the day) was to attend a performance of "The Drowsy Chaperone" in Perry, UT.  Which was funny because Russell's older brother was their chaperone for the day.  Russell doesn't quite drive yet.  Then of course there is dinner.  Which was at his house and they ate Japanese entre's. 




This was the final result!!!  They had a great time and Russell, Thank You for being a gentleman!  Kudo's to his parents for raising an outstanding young man to escort our girl to such a social event.

3 comments:

Beth said...

What fun and what a beautiful young woman! Glad it was a great night, Starr.

Dean, Andrea, Tanner, Landon, & Braddock said...

Glad you had fun! You both look GREAT! ;)

Kristin and Guy said...

Looks like fun, but I am glad I don't have to think up creative ways to ask girls out anymore. It is alot easier to get a gurl to go on a date with you when you're married to her;)