School ends..............................Summer begins
Snow melts...............................Garden plants
Mowing lawns...........................Pulling weeds
Tilling ground................Planting seeds
Family funerals.........................Reunions
Planting flowers........................Waiting on blossoms
Prom dreams..........................Prom dresses
First dates.................................First kiss (NOT!)
Hospital stays............................Health restrictions
Family dinners............................Family whatever
Grandchildren here.....................Grandchildren there
Teenage girls...........................Daughters of God
Driving lessons.........................Drivers license
Old car....................................New (to you) car
Old house...............................New (to us) house
Children helping.....................Children not
Exciting job.........................Understanding manager
Helpful friends....................Always there
Vacation packing...............Unpacking laundry
Garage sales......................More laundry
Picture taking.........................Pretty people
Lonely Days...........................Desperate Nights
Happy Days..........................Content Nights
Anxious Moments................Patience with others
Summer jobs.......................Money to spend
Secret Sisters........................Girls Camp
17 pounds...........................Pioneer Trek
Hot days............................Cool nights
Rainbows.........................Hope
Prayerful voices.......................Faith
Summer ends.........................School begins!!
Each and every second of this season brought one of these moments in our lives. We are kind of glad to have the time pass, even though some were gentle moments while others were quite turmultous. I dislike the ratio of emotions that we are called to endure through our earthly lives and look forward to having this time pass with more composure on my part. But in a nutshell - this was our summer. I'm sure I can think of more but this is what came to mind at this moment.



4 comments:
Your summer was certainly packed with the bitter and the sweet! Here's hoping that fall is a season of sweet for all of you; you've definitely earned it! Love you guys.
becky...i'm so scatter-brained these days! i just remembered your email as i saw you had a new post. i'm so sorry. looks like you figured it out. if you need more help, PLEASE DON'T HESITATE TO ASK. it's not a matter of being too busy...just of losing my mind! :) i will make a note and stick it to my computer screen next time! love you.
Don't worry Sue, I think it has to do with the laptop, because my desktop let me do the post. My laptop doesn't like facebook either, too bogged down I think.
I hope this comment can go, My comments haven't sent for the last couple of months. Are you still private? I didn't have to check in.
Busy summer. We start out thinking thinking it's going to be like living in the Garden of Eden. And it really ends up like driving on I-15 24-7.
I've heard you've moved?
Let me know if you get this.
cindy@stitches
Post a Comment